[Humanist] 28.522 PhD studentships at Kent

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Dec 1 07:13:27 CET 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:58:03 +0000
        From: Benjamin Vis <B.N.Vis at kent.ac.uk>
        Subject: Funded PhD places available in Digital Humanities at U of Kent

The University of Kent is recruiting new PhD students to join in the 2015/16 academic year. We have a special interest in proposals for Digital Humanities, Digital Heritage, Spatial Humanities, and cross-disciplinary humanities research.

Eastern ARC scholarships: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/eastern_arc.html

Eastern ARC is the new research consortium, uniting research capacity in the Digital Humanities and heritage at the universities of Kent, Essex, and UEA. At Kent we are particularly interested in proposals on past built environments, ancient cities, and comparative urbanism, among a few other key areas.
CHASE scholarships: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/research_council/ahrc.html
CHASE is an Arts and Humanities (AHRC) funded doctoral training centre in which seven universities collaborate. Here we are particularly interested in interdisciplinary humanities research, certainly still including archaeological and historical disciplines and the Digital or Spatial Humanities.
50th Anniversary scholarships: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/50th_anniversary.html
Kent is celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2015 and is funding additional PhD places in honour of this milestone. These are open to excellent students from all disciplines.

I am personally involved in the Eastern ARC, but please don't hesitate to get in touch on any of these opportunities. Please do pass this message on to any colleagues, friends, and excellent students to whom this could be of interest!

Dr Benjamin N. Vis | +44 (0)1227 82 6543 |
https://kent.academia.edu/BenjaminVis |
School of European Culture & Languages |
University of Kent |
Rutherford College W3.E7 | Canterbury CT2 7NX | UK |