[Humanist] 28.288 events: online textual & mss studies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Aug 25 09:10:54 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 04:24:10 +0000
        From: Albert Lloret <albert.lloret at hotmail.com>
        Subject: Reminder, CFP - 50th ICMS: Textual and Manuscript Studies in Online Environments

[With apologies for cross-posting]

CFP - TEXTUAL AND MANUSCRIPT STUDIES IN ONLINE ENVIRONMENTS

50th International Congress on Medieval Studies
Western Michigan University; May 14-17, 2015

Sponsored by _Digital Philology: A Journal of Medieval Cultures_

Organized by Albert Lloret (University of Massachusetts Amherst) and Jeanette Patterson (University of Virginia)

Digital environments enable our studying and representing texts and manuscripts in radically enhanced ways. As a result, not only have traditional practices been perfected, also new concepts and forms—such as those of a “digital edition,” a “digital library,” and a “digital archive”—are now giving stimulus to new theories and critical approaches. In this session, we seek to promote discussion around how digital environments are changing our examination and representation of texts and the codices that contain them. We invite submissions that reflect on the achievements, challenges, and prospects of manuscript and textual studies in the digital medium, including, but not limited to:

* manuscript representation technologies
* theories of digital edition or the making of digital editions
* corpora studies and computational approaches to manuscript studies
* the goals of textual studies in a digital environment
* examples of manuscript and textual studies carried out in online environments

Please send a 100-word abstract and Participant Information Form to Albert Lloret at lloret at umass.edu<mailto:lloret at umass.edu> by September 15.

Albert Lloret, PhD
Managing Editor, Digital Philology<http://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/digital_philology/>
Assistant Professor of Spanish and Catalan
University of Massachusetts Amherst
http://umass.academia.edu/AlbertLloret