[Humanist] 28.278 TemaTres

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Aug 23 09:36:09 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:07:34 -0700
        From: Quinn Dombrowski <quinnd at berkeley.edu>
        Subject: Re:  28.267 TemaTres?

The TaDiRAH taxonomy has started using TemaTres
(http://tadirah.dariah.eu/vocab/index.php), though we haven't done a lot
with it yet besides inputting the terms in English. We do intend to make
TaDiRAH multilingual, so if you do end up using it, I'd love to stay in
touch about what issues and workarounds you encounter.

One of the frustrating things we've discovered is that there seems to be no
way to create an "about" page, or any other content that's not treated as a
term by the system. (There's an "about" box in the settings where you can
put in some text, but it's clearly not designed for more than a couple
sentences.) We've decided to continue using Github (
https://github.com/dhtaxonomy/TaDiRAH) for some of the meta-information
about the taxonomy, as well as SKOS dumps from TemaTres, and issue tracking.

Hope that helps,
Quinn

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <