[Humanist] 27.1003 project-based courses?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 07:20:14 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 23:11:34 +0000
        From: James Smithies <james.smithies at canterbury.ac.nz>
        Subject: Request for references to project-based courses

Dear All,

I'm in the process of developing a course proposal to submit to Faculty titled 'Digital Project'. It's a 4th year Honours course in applied digital humanities that allows students to build a digital tool, website (etc) over the course of a semester. We're running a 1-student trial this year and an interim website is available here: http://dh.canterbury.ac.nz/projects/.

The model appears to be solid, but a colleague has suggested I add some references to other similar courses in the proposal to Faculty. If anyone on the Humanist list can suggest such courses I'd be grateful.

With thanks in advance,
James Smithies

Dr. James Smithies
Senior Lecturer in Digital Humanities
Associate Director, UC CEISMIC Digital Archive
University of Canterbury
DDI: +64 3 364 2896
james.smithies at canterbury.ac.nz
http://dh.canterbury.ac.nz http://dh.canterbury.ac.nz/  | http://ceismic.org.nz http://ceismic.org.nz/