[Humanist] 27.999 events: experimental interfaces for reading (correction); music info retrieval; archives

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 26 08:53:38 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Goodman Paul <Paul.Goodman at NATIONALMEDIAMUSEUM.ORG.UK>    (31)
        Subject: Archives 2.0 - Saving the Past, Anticipating the Future:
                SAVE THE DATE!

  [2]   From:    Stan Ruecker <sruecker at ualberta.ca>                        (4)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 27.997 events: experimental interfaces for
                reading; tangible & embodied; information age

  [3]   From:    "Downie, J Stephen" <jdownie at illinois.edu>                (51)
        Subject: MIREX 2014: Announcing the Music Information Retrieval
                eXchange for 2014

        Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:28:22 +0100
        From: Goodman Paul <Paul.Goodman at NATIONALMEDIAMUSEUM.ORG.UK>
        Subject: Archives 2.0 - Saving the Past, Anticipating the Future: SAVE THE DATE!

Archives 2.0 - Saving the Past, Anticipating the Future: Save the Date!
National Media Museum, Bradford, United Kingdom
25 & 26 November 2014

Later this year, the National Media Museum will be hosting a two-day
conference on the strategic acquisition and management of archives by
cultural institutions.

This event will bring together a number of key practitioners from the
cultural and academic sectors to consider the strategic issues,
opportunities and challenges presented to organisations which actively
acquire and curate bodies of work.

These archives may consist purely of photographic or moving footage or
they may be mixed in nature, often including equipment, correspondence
and ephemera; they could be analogue or digital or both; they may be
assembled by a company, private individual, practitioner,
community-based or regional body; complete or partial; contained or
continually developing.

The conference will also seek to examine emergent digital technologies
and their impact on archival practice, acquisition and access

Please note the dates of the event. Online registration is expected to
begin in June.

Further information or direct enquiries:
http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Collection/ArchivesConference or
Archives2.0 at nationalmediamuseum.org.uk

Best wishes
Paul

Paul Goodman
Head of Collections, Projects
National Media Museum
Pictureville, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 1NQ

Direct tel: 01274 203378