[Humanist] 27.980 pubs: de Vigny's "La Prison"

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Apr 18 09:36:26 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:12:20 -0500 (CDT)
        From: Alan Corre <corre at uwm.edu>
        Subject: De Vigny's "La Prison"

Since Allison took the liberty of a plug for her republication of an old classic, I shall follow her valuable example. I have published on Kindle my translation into English verse of de Vigny's fine poem "La Prison" which imaginatively details the last day of the life of the "Man in the Iron Mask." If you do not have a Kindle, Amazon offers an app which enables the poem to be viewed on any medium.
Alan Corré