[Humanist] 27.978 events: new media; teaching methods; media arts

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Apr 16 07:24:28 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Toma Tasovac <ttasovac at humanistika.org>                   (28)
        Subject: CfP - Extended Deadline: DARIAH Workshop "Innovative
                Teaching Methods and Practices in Digital Humanities"
                @DH2014

  [2]   From:    Heather Froehlich <heathergfroehlich at gmail.com>           (13)
        Subject: Contemporaneity and New Media - 24th April at Strathclyde
                University

  [3]   From:    Kathi Inman Berens <kathiberens at gmail.com>                 (7)
        Subject: Call: Students to work a Media Arts Show

        Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:42:43 +0200
        From: Toma Tasovac <ttasovac at humanistika.org>
        Subject: CfP - Extended Deadline: DARIAH Workshop "Innovative Teaching Methods and Practices in Digital Humanities" @DH2014

Dear colleagues,

the deadline for contributions to the full-day DARIAH VCC2 workshop “Innovative Teaching Methods and Practices in Digital Humanities” on July 7 at the DH2014 in Lausanne has been extended to April 28!

Also, we are delighted to announce that DARIAH Austria will sponsor a 200-Euro award for the best contribution (voted on by the participants), which will also be used as a showcase in consecutive DARIAH events!

We are looking for proposals from both long-time practitioner of DH and recent adopters  with innovative ideas, methods and interest in digital humanities pedagogy. We are looking for thoughtful and creative contributions that will be surprising, enlightening and inspirational. We are interested not only in what works but also what doesn't — and what we can learn from failed experiments.

The workshop will be divided into two sessions:

1) Showcasing best practices for teaching and learning DH
In the morning session, participants will have the opportunity to present their ideas and/or actual teaching methods and materials.

2) Challenges in DH pedagogy
The afternoon session will provide a forum for the participants to discuss the most prominent challenges and issues in teaching DH as well as the necessary next steps in promoting DH through digital pedagogy.

Proposals should consist of an abstract of up to 500 words and a short bio which should be submitted by e-mail to: zim at uni-graz.at
The submission deadline is April 28.

The proposals will be evaluated and selected by a program committee of international experts. The length allocated to each contribution (10-15 minutes) will be decided by the program committee, depending on the number of contributions and the strength of the proposals.

Notifications regarding the acceptance of proposals will be sent out by May 19.

The full text of this call can be found online at: http://tinyurl.com/dariah-eu-cfp

Please distribute the call to any colleagues, blogs and mailing lists that you find appropriate!

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Claire Clivaz, Walter Scholger and Toma Tasovac

--
Toma Tasovac
Belgrade Center for Digital Humanities