[Humanist] 27.940 pubs: Scholarly Editing 2014 & cfp

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 3 12:11:28 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:23:28 -0500
        From: Amanda Gailey <amanda.gailey at gmail.com>
        Subject: 2014 Scholarly Editing Publication and 2015 CFP

We are pleased to announce the publication of the newest issue of Scholarly
Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary Editing (vol. 35,
2014), online at www.scholarlyediting.org. Scholarly Editing publishes
peer-reviewed editions of primary source materials of cultural significance
while continuing the decades-long tradition of publishing articles and
reviews about editing that defined its print predecessor, Documentary
Editing. As always, the editions represent diverse materials from a variety
of fields, and this year we also present our first non-English language
edition. We are pleased not only to present editors with a rigorously
peer-reviewed publication platform, but also to share fascinating documents
from cultural history with the reading public. All of this material is
available freely online and is completely open-access. Please see below for
our call for editions and articles for next year's issue, as well as the
full table of contents for the 2014 issue.

Amanda Gailey (gailey at unl.edu) and Andrew Jewell (ajewell2 at unl.edu)

Editors, Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the Association for Documentary
Editing

INVITING EDITION PROPOSALS AND ARTICLES FOR THE 2015 ISSUE OF SCHOLARLY
EDITING

Scholarly Editing invites proposals for the 2015 issue. Many scholars know
fascinating texts that deserve to be edited thoughtfully and imaginatively,
and we offer a venue to turn this knowledge into sustainable, peer-reviewed
publications that will enrich the digital record of our cultural heritage.
If you are interested in editing a small-scale digital edition, we want to
hear from you. Proposals for the 2015 issue are due by May 9, 2014. Please
see details for submitting a proposal at
www.scholarlyediting.org/se.about.html.

We also welcome submissions of articles discussing any aspect of the theory
or practice of editing, print or digital. Articles must be submitted by
August 15, 2014, to be considered for the 2015 issue. Please see details at
www.scholarlyediting.org/se.about.html.

CONTENTS FOR VOLUME 35, 2014

   -

   Introduction to Volume 35 of Scholarly Editing: The Annual of the
   Association for Documentary
Editing http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/essays/essay.v35intro.html by
Amanda Gailey (University of Nebraska-Lincoln) and Andrew Jewell
   (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
   -

   -

   EDITIONS
   -

   Alex Haley's "The Malcolm X I Knew" and Notecards from The Autobiography
   of Malcolm X http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/editions/intro.haley.html edited
by Amy E. Earhart (Texas A&M University)
   -
   -

   Avisos a pretendientes para Indias (Warnings to Those Seeking Office in
   the Indies) http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/editions/intro.avisos.html edited
by Clayton McCarl (University of North Florida)
   -
   -

   Comparing Marks: A Versioning Edition of Virginia Woolf's "The Mark on
   the Wall" http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/editions/intro.markonthewall.html edited
by Emily McGinn, Amy Leggette, Matthew Hannah, and Paul Bellew
   (University of Oregon)
   -
   -

   "Lest we get too transcendental": Christopher Pearse Cranch's Changes of
   Mind in "Journal.
1839." http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/editions/intro.cranchjournal.html edited
by Christopher M. Ohge (University of California, Berkeley)
   -

   -

   ESSAYS
   -

   Digital Documentary Editions and the
Others http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/essays/essay.pierazzo.html by
Elena Pierazzo (King's College London)
   -
   -

   This Editing Life: The Joys and Imperatives of Documentary Editing
   (Presidential Address, Association for Documentary Editing Annual Meeting,
   Ann Arbor, Michigan,
2013) http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/essays/essay.2014presidentialaddress.html by
Phil Chase (Papers of George Washington)
   -

   -

   REVIEWS
   -

   The Papers of Eliza Lucas Pinckney and Harriott Pinckney Horry: Digital
   Edition. Edited by Constance Schulz, Robin Copp, Mary Sherrer,
   Nicollette Calhoun, Peggy Clark, Taylor Kirton, Rachel Love, Justin
   McIntyre, Neal Millikan, and Benjamin Sheinkin. Charlottesville, VA:
   Rotunda, 2012 http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/reviews/review.pinckney.html by
Cynthia A. Kierner (George Mason University)
   -
   -

   Creating a Movement with Teeth: A Documentary History of the George
   Jackson Brigade. Edited by Daniel Burton-Rose. Oakland, CA: PM Press,
   2010 http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/reviews/review.burton-rose.html by
Silvia P. Glick (Boston University)
   -

Recent Editions http://www.scholarlyediting.org/2014/reviews/review.recenteditions2014.html by