[Humanist] 27.939 events: Edirom Summer School

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 3 12:10:31 CEST 2014

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 11:52:12 +0200
        From: Peter Stadler <stadler at weber-gesamtausgabe.de>
        Subject: Save the date: Edirom-Summer-School 2014

*** Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1396432621_2014-04-02_humanist-owner@lists.digitalhumanities.org_6152.2.pgp-signature

Dear colleagues,

please let me inform you about this year's Edirom-Summer-School (ESS) which will take place 8 to 12 September 2014 at the Heinz Nixdorf Institute of the University of Paderborn, Germany. After last two years' successful cooperation with the german eHumanities project DARIAH-DE, we are proud to announce that this year ESS will officially be co-organized by the Virtual Research Group Edirom (University of Paderborn) and DARIAH-DE.

The scope of courses reaches from basic introductions to the markup standards of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) and the Music Encoding Initiative (MEI), across working with respective software tools for editorial or library purposes, up to courses dealing with more advanced topics in these fields.

The Edirom User Forum again will give opportunity of exchange between current and (potential) future users of the Edirom Tools.

This year, we are happy to announce the possibility to apply for a student bursary within the scope of the EADH's Small Grant Program (http://eadh.org) to support ESS attendance for one student.

Further information about the ESS's program schedule, registration and application for the student bursary will be provided in April 2014 on the ESS Website at http://ess.uni-paderborn.de. We would like to ask you to forward this announcement to any other persons of interest.

In case of any questions about the ESS 2014, please feel free to contact the organization team at ess at edirom.de.

The Virtual Research Group Edirom is based at the Musicology Seminar Detmold/Paderborn, which is a co-faculty of the University of Paderborn and the Hochschule für Musik Detmold. Please find further information at http://www.edirom.de.

DARIAH-DE is the German part of the EU eHumanities research project Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Please find further information at http://de.dariah.eu.

Best regards
Peter Stadler

--
Peter Stadler