[Humanist] 27.482 pubs: call for papers on 19C art; the Zuckerberg Files

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 29 07:26:01 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (16)
        Subject: the Zuckerberg Files

  [2]   From:    Ray Siemens <siemens at uvic.ca>                              (4)
        Subject: Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide, Digital Research and
                Publication Initiative

        Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:27:12 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

Many here, I assume, will at least enjoy contemplating a new online
resource, The Zuckerberg Files, http://zuckerbergfiles.org/, described
by Marc Parry in "‘The Zuckerberg Files’: New Scholarly Archive
Scrutinizes Facebook CEO", Chronicle of Higher Education,
http://chronicle.com/blogs/wiredcampus/the-zuckerberg-files-new-scholarly-archive-scrutinizes-facebook-ceo/47777?cid=wc&utm_source=wc&utm_medium=en.

There's a potentially interesting PhD or two in a corpus linguistics
study of that archive.

I find myself wondering, what would it be like to have everything one
has said in public thus accessible to close scrutiny?

Comments?