[Humanist] 27.481 events: narrative; museums; linguistics & big data

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Oct 29 07:24:31 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Fagan, Annalisa" <annalisa.fagan at kcl.ac.uk>              (12)
        Subject: CeRch seminar on Historical Linguistics and Big Data: 29th
                October

  [2]   From:    Mark Finlayson <markaf at MIT.EDU>                           (73)
        Subject: CFP: 5th Computational Models of Narrative Workshop (CMN'14)

  [3]   From:    Museums and the Web <info at museumsandtheweb.com>           (40)
        Subject: West meets East! Museums and the Web Asia in Hong Kong,
                December 8-12, 2013

        Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:39:23 +0000
        From: "Fagan, Annalisa" <annalisa.fagan at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: CeRch seminar on Historical Linguistics and Big Data: 29th October

This coming Tuesday 29th October the Centre for e-Research are holding the next in our Autumn seminar series. The topic involves historical linguistics and big data, and we think might be interesting to those involved with the LDC.

The details are:

Tuesday 29th October, Centre for e-Research Seminar<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/innovation/groups/cerch/research/seminars/2013-14.aspx>, 6-15-7.15pm Anatomy Theatre Museum (6th floor Strand Campus)
Speakers: Gard Jenset and Barbara McGillivray
Title: Thinking Big: escaping the Small Data fallacy in Historical Linguistics

The full abstract for this talk is available here<http://www.kcl.ac.uk/innovation/groups/cerch/research/seminars/2013-14/s3thinking.aspx>.

--
Mike Bryant

Research Associate