[Humanist] 27.469 job as Linux developer at Leicester

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 10:16:26 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:53:22 +0100
        From: "Dixon, Simon N. (Dr.)" <snd6 at LEICESTER.AC.UK>
        Subject: Solutions Developer (Linux Environment): University of Leicester Library

The University of Leicester is recruiting for a Solutions Developer (Linux Development) to support research projects in the area of Digital Humanities. The post is available on a 12 month, fixed term contract (full-time).

Solutions Developer (Linux Environment)
University of Leicester -Library

Library

Salary Grade 7 - £31,331 to £36,298 per annum

At Leicester we're going places. Ranked in the top 12 universities in Britain our aim is to climb further. A commitment to high quality fused with an inclusive academic culture is our hallmark and led the Times Higher Education to describe us as "elite without being elitist".

You will use your experience of working in a Linux environment to configure and deploy software to support research projects in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences in collaboration with IT Services.

You will contribute to the planning of new research projects, produce guidance and documentation about software and technical resources available to the research community at Leicester and contribute to the University's Digital Humanities training programme for researchers.

Closing date for applications: midnight, Monday 11 November 2013. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27 November 2013.

Further particulars: http://www.le.ac.uk/jobs/external/LIB00141_Further_Particulars.pdf

Apply online: http://ig5.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_UniversityOfLeicester01.asp?newms=jj&id=83904&aid=14178

Simon Dixon
Digital Humanities and Special Collections Manager
David Wilson Library
University of Leicester
University Road
Leicester. LE1 7RH

T: +44(0)116 252 2056
E:  snd6 at le.ac.uk<mailto:snd6 at le.ac.uk>
W: http://www2.le.ac.uk/library/about/staff/academicliaison/simon-dixon

Winner of the 2012 THE Award for Outstanding Library Team

Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester