[Humanist] 27.415 call for submissions: special issue of MedieKultur: Journal of Media and Communication Research

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 07:17:47 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 00:41:35 +0200
        From: Thomas.Gloning at germanistik.uni-giessen.de
        Subject: Special Issue: Digital Humanities

Special Issue: Digital Humanities - Now and beyond
MedieKultur: Journal of Media and Communication Research

Submission deadline: February 1, 2014
Publication deadline: Fall 2014

Editors: Mia Rendix (Aalborg University, Denmark), Ditte Laursen
(State Media Archive, Denmark)

When the American scholars Jeffrey Schnapp and Todd Presner launched
their influential and controversial -Digital Humanities Manifesto' in
2009, it heralded a new age in the humanities. In 2011, Europe
published a -Manifest for the Digital Humanities', which was developed
during the ThatCamp conference in France. Despite their rhetorical,
instrumental, and transatlantic differences, it was clear that
digitization had entered the realm of the humanities for good. Due to
the technological improvements and far-reaching possibilities
presented by the internet, digitization fundamentally challenged and
altered the ways in which we organize our universities, create new
institutional models, and ultimately how we think about and perform
basic humanities research.

From its inception, however, the term 'digital humanities' has been a
hypernym covering several factions and methodological and theoretical
approaches. It thus remains widely debated and constantly negotiated.
In addition, discussion as to whether digital humanities is or should
be regarded as autonomous or whether it should interact or interrelate
with the traditional humanities has been a constant source of conflict
between different - and often ideological - discourses.

MedieKultur welcomes both theoretical and empirical articles on the
current and future versions, perspectives, and/or problems of digital
humanities. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- What have we learned from the digital humanities so far?
- What is the future of the digital humanities?
- How does the digital influence research practice in the humanities?
as source, as method, as tool, and as means of enforced communication?
- What new questions and approaches does the digital enable within the
humanities?
- How do archival means of collecting and making available digital
data affect the scholarly use of this data within the humanities?
- How do the digital and the non-digital differ, and how can new
constellations of the digital and the non-digital within the
humanities be conceptualized?
- In what way does the digital humanities represent a
national-regional or universal vision?
- How can new digital infrastructures be incorporated into and
implemented on the institutional level?

Klicken Sie folgenden Link für mehr Informationen...
http://www.discourseanalysis.net/wiki.php?wiki=en%3A%3AEvents&id=929

Forschungsportal Diskursanalyse
http://www.diskursanalyse.net
gesendet von: Felicitas Macgilchrist <fsm at discourse-analysis.de>