[Humanist] 27.570 study at OII

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Nov 28 07:17:09 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:47:40 +0000
        From: Luciano Floridi <luciano.floridi at oii.ox.ac.uk>
        Subject: Studying at the Oxford Internet Institute

PLEASE NOTE: Applicants with interests in digital humanities, philosophy, ethics, and STS are very welcome.
The website contains further details and some short video presentations.

>From the Website:

-----------------------

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/graduatestudy/openday/

Studying at the Oxford Internet Institute

We are the only major department in a top-ranked international university to offer multi-disciplinary social science degree programmes focusing on the Internet. We offer an MSc in Social Science of the Internet and a DPhil in Information, Communication and the Social Sciences.

We are a young and innovative department, and have deliberately sought to create a teaching environment that is welcoming, supportive and stimulating for all our students. With a student to faculty ratio of just 2:1, our students benefit from frequent interaction with academics and are encouraged to get involved in a wide range of research and policy activities.

If you would like to discuss the programmes with teaching faculty and current students we usually hold two open days a year, in November (physical) and December (virtual); various open days are also run by the University and individual colleges: please check the Oxford University Graduate Studies website or college websites for details

Best wishes,

Luciano
Luciano Floridi   |   www.philosophyofinformation.net<http://www.philosophyofinformation.net>

Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information
Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
1 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3JS
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 287202
www.oii.ox.ac.uk http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk