[Humanist] 26.916 scholarships for Digital Preservation Training Programme

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 27 07:15:08 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:00:05 +0000
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Scholarships for DPTP, May 2013

> From: William Kilbride <william at DPCONLINE.ORG<mailto:william at DPCONLINE.ORG>>
> Subject: Scholarships for DPTP, May 2013
> Date: 26 March 2013 13:43:49 GMT

Dear all,

I’m pleased to offer members three fully funded scholarships to attend the Digital Preservation Training Programme at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London, 20th–22nd May 2013.

The Digital Preservation Training Programme (DPTP) is designed for all those working in institutional information management who are grappling with fundamental issues of digital preservation. It provides the skills and knowledge necessary for institutions to combine organisational and technological perspectives and devise an appropriate response to the challenges that digital preservation needs present. DPTP is operated and organised by the University of London Computer Centre with contributions from invited experts. It is supported by the Digital Preservation Coalition which originally helped to establish the course in 2005.

Attendance at the Digital Preservation Training Programme costs £650 per person (excluding VAT). However, the Digital Preservation Coalition is pleased to offer three full scholarships which meet the costs of the course.  Applications are welcomed from DPC members and associates. The scholarship covers all tuition fees, course materials, access to online resources, lunch and refreshments.  Travel, accommodation and subsistence are not funded.

This is the tenth time the DPC has offered scholarships to attend the course.  Successful applicants will be asked to help promote the course and the work of the coalition. The DPC has supported a total of forty six scholarships to attend this course.

Applications are due by 1200 on 3rd May.

For more details see: http://www.dpconline.org/training/leadership-programme

William
--
Dr William Kilbride FSA