[Humanist] 26.883 jobs at Amsterdam and SUNY Institute; studentships at Science Museum Group

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Mar 16 08:58:13 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Boon Tim <Tim.Boon at SCIENCEMUSEUM.AC.UK>                   (51)
        Subject: Advance Notice: Collaborative Doctoral Studentships
                available at Science Museum Group

  [2]   From:    "Bod, Rens" <L.W.M.Bod at uva.nl>                            (12)
        Subject: Assistant Professor position at ILLC Amsterdam, including
                Digital Humanities

  [3]   From:    "steve at sunyit.edu" <steve at sunyit.edu>                     (18)
        Subject: Assistant Professor of Digital Media Design & Humanities |
                Position Announcement

        Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:07:24 -0000
        From: Boon Tim <Tim.Boon at SCIENCEMUSEUM.AC.UK>
        Subject: Advance Notice: Collaborative Doctoral Studentships available at Science Museum Group

Advance Notice: Collaborative Doctoral Studentships available at Science
Museum Group

The AHRC has awarded the Science Museum Group eight collaborative
doctoral studentships to start this autumn. In late spring, with our
university partners, we will be looking for excellent students with
relevant Masters degrees to apply for these places.

At present, university partners, working with professional staff at the
museums in our group, are submitting proposals for projects to be
conducted on a wide range of fascinating topics related to the museums'
concerns. Please note that it is an intrinsic aspect of these
collaborative projects that students, as in a conventional doctorate,
determine the route across the terrain described in outline in the
proposals. In addition to this, they gain all the benefits and academic
stimulation of working in world-leading museums, including opportunities
to work on unexplored collections, and communicating their work to wide
audiences.

The Science Museum Group is Britain's premier museum organisation in the
fields of science, technology, engineering, medicine and media. It is
comprised of the Science Museum (London), Museum of Science and Industry
(Manchester), National Media Museum (Bradford), National Railway Museum
(York) and NRM branch Locomotion (Shildon). SMG holds collections,
carefully acquired since the 19th century, of international
significance. Its permanent galleries and temporary exhibitions
represent the history, present and future of its subjects. The museums'
professional staff lecture and publish their academic work widely in
museology and history. In recent years, the museums have hosted AHRC
projects under the Science in Culture, Connected Communities, and Beyond
Text themes.

If you would like to register your interest in these places, please
e-mail research at sciencemuseum.ac.uk  so that we can contact you as soon
as the places can be advertised.

Tim

Dr Tim Boon,
Head of Research & Public History,
The Science Museum,
Exhibition Road,
London
SW7 2DD

Tel: 020 7942 4207 / Fax: 020 7942 4103 / Mobile: 07949 517 646
Skype: tim.boon.scm
E-mail: tim.boon at sciencemuseum.ac.uk
Web: www.sciencemuseum.org.uk

Keep up with stories from our collections; read our Blog
 http://sciencemuseumdiscovery.com/blogs/collections/

Co-editor of the new book Material Culture & Electronic Sound
<https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781935623106>

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the Science Museum Group. This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.