[Humanist] 27.162 robotics? the landscape of digital humanities?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 27 22:35:09 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Simpson, Grant Leyton" <glsimpso at indiana.edu>            (19)
        Subject: Short survey about the DH landscape

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (16)
        Subject: robotics and digital humanities?

        Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:26:59 +0000
        From: "Simpson, Grant Leyton" <glsimpso at indiana.edu>

Dear Humanist Members,

I am a member of the team involved in the research below. We would really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to take this short DH survey.

https://iucsr.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b7bKd3M1M491w4l

Best,
Grant

We invite you to respond to a short survey about the Digital Humanities (DH) landscape.

Our research goal is to provide a widespread view of the connections among people, teams, institutions, and communication channels making up the DH field. To meet this goal, we’ve chosen a variety of communication channels from which to gather data that include, but are not limited to, DH centers, peer-reviewed DH projects, DH-relevant Tweets, DH-relevant journals, DH-related NEH grants awards, messages from the TEI-L and Humanist listservs, and DH syllabi. We would like your opinion about these DH-related resources and their relevance to your work. Preliminary results of this work will be presented at the DH2013 conference http://dh2013.unl.edu/ .

This survey is conducted under a joint-funded research program (NSF, JISC, SSHRC), part of the Digging into Data http://www.diggingintodata.org/  initiative, led by Vincent Lariviere (Universite de Montreal, CA), Cassidy Sugimoto (Indiana University Bloomington, US), and Mike Thelwall (University of Wolverhampton, UK). The project—Cascades, Islands, Streams? Time, topic, and scholarly activities in humanities and social science research<http://did.ils.indiana.edu/>—investigates topic lifecycles across heterogeneous corpora.

Your responses to the survey will remain confidential and be anonymized before reporting. Responding to the survey implies consent to participate and you may discontinue the survey at any time. There are neither direct risks nor direct benefits to participation in this survey. However, your responses will help to advance knowledge regarding the diverse communication channels used by the DH community.

Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues in the DH field.  To share with your colleagues, send them the following link:  https://iucsr.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b7bKd3M1M491w4l
If you have any questions about this research or the survey feel free to contact me at tdbowman at indiana.edu<mailto:tdbowman at indiana.edu?subject=Disciplinarity%20Survey%20Message%20Response>. Thank you for taking the time to participate in this study.

With kindest regards,

Timothy D. Bowman

Department of Information and Library Science http://ils.indiana.edu/
School of Informatics and Computing