[Humanist] 27.151 curiosity

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jun 25 22:06:31 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:25:20 -0500
        From: Erik Hanson <erikalanhanson at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  27.150 is no one curious?

I wouldn't be surprised if, given the primacy of digital research, actually
going to the physical library were often the result of frustrated searching
(or over-browsing) elsewhere, such that research requests in person
were occurring at that state of mind of "I need to find this and be done
with it already. I've already wasted too much time surfing around and
getting distracted by tangents on the internet."

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <