[Humanist] 27.121 computationalists and humanists

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jun 14 22:51:58 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:20:24 -0400
        From: Mark Finlayson <markaf at MIT.EDU>
        Subject: Re: Humanist Digest, Vol 57, Issue 11

I suppose I was coming at the humanist/computationalist division merely
as a practical matter: most of us were, at least originally, trained as
one or the other.  And historically the difference has been pretty clear.

We clearly have not yet reached the point where those who can operate
effortlessly on either side are so common as to make the distinction
meaningless.  But that is something to work toward, I think: a community
of scholars who are truly children of both worlds.

Mark