[Humanist] 27.98 medieval mss cataloguing with TEI

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 6 22:09:01 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:48:46 +0800
        From: Toby Burrows <toby.burrows at uwa.edu.au>
        Subject: RE:  27.70 medieval mss cataloguing with TEI

Dear Charles,

The manuscript descriptions in the "Europa Inventa" catalogue of medieval manuscripts in Australia are based on the TEI P5 elements.

But we converted them to database fields (PostgreSQL) and built a database search interface, rather than making them available as marked-up and searchable XML files.

See: http://europa.arts.uwa.edu.au/manuscripts

The database is also included in the University of Sheffield's  "Manuscripts Online" service: http://www.manuscriptsonline.org/resources/ei/

Toby Burrows
University of Western Australia