[Humanist] 27.93 skills in projects

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jun 5 23:23:18 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 15:06:18 +0100
        From: Melissa Terras <melissaterras at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re:  27.88 skills needed in projects?

Dear Willard, et al

I just wanted to point out, in the email sent to the list, the ominous sentence

> This survey is for scholars. Another survey is planned for librarians.

Working in an iSchool, and working closely with librarians in many aspects of my work in Digital Humanities, and seeing how many Librarians are actively promoting and engaging in Digital Humanities research, tools, and techniques, I think this is a dangerous and false distinction.

In fact, I number my Librarian colleagues among the finest scholars I know.

There are plenty of librarians on this list: rest assured your skills and input are appreciated as scholarly work.

best wishes,

Melissa

-----------------
Melissa M. Terras MA MSc DPhil CLTHE CITP FHEA
Director, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
Reader in Electronic Communication
Department of Information Studies
Foster Court
University College London
Gower Street
WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020-7679-7206 (direct), 020-7679-7204 (dept), 020-7383-0557 (fax)
Email: m.terras at ucl.ac.uk
Web: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/melissa-terras/
Blog: http://melissaterras.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @melissaterras