[Humanist] 27.248 critical digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 30 23:55:57 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>               (36)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 27.244 critical digital humanities?

  [2]   From:    Sinai Rusinek <Sinair at vanleer.org.il>                      (8)
        Subject: RE:  27.244 critical digital humanities?

        Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:43:42 +0100
        From: Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>

You should look generally at 4Humanities--which collects this kind of
thing and is an action group based on the premise. The Praxis Network is
also to a certain extent interested in the same issue.

Cathy Davidson, Neil Fraistat, Alex Gil, Alan Liu, Geoffrey Rockwell,
and I also recently proposed a project on the New Humanities to the
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research along these lines. We are
thinking of proposing a SSHRC partnership grant along similar lines this
fall. Here's a link to the original (ultimately unsuccessful) proposal:
http://dpod.kakelbont.ca/2013/07/19/the-new-humanities-the-place-and-practice-of-the-humanities-in-an-age-of-ubiquitous-networked-computing/

If you think that this is something you might be interested in, get in
touch!

--
---
Daniel Paul O'Donnell