[Humanist] 27.233 pubs: Contemporary History in the Digital Age

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jul 24 00:43:22 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:03:29 +0200
        From: Frédéric_Clavert <frederic at clavert.net>
        Subject: Contemporary history in the digital age / L'histoire contemporaine à l'ère

Dear members,

(sorry for cross-posting)

I am pleased to announce that the book that I have co-edited with
Serge Noiret (Florence) is now available (softcover and soon ebook):

Clavert, F., Noiret, S. (2013). L'histoire contemporaine à l'ère
numérique. Contemporary history in the digital age. Bruxelles: Peter
Lang. 2013.

"Digital practices in the field of history have become more and more
widespread in recent decades, but contemporary historians have often
tended to remain on the sidelines of this trend. This book, which
covers a wide range of digital practices, tools and methods, will
serve both as a solid grounding for historians keen to learn how
information technology can be applied to contemporary history, and as
a useful tool for researchers and lecturers who already have a degree
of experience in this area. It will enable scholars to compare and
further their practices in the area of digital humanities, providing a
comprehensive vision of the emerging field of digital history."

I thank all co-authors for their patience - and I know that a lot of
them are reading [Humanist]

Best wishes,
Frédéric Clavert

--