[Humanist] 27.229 surveys: user-generated projects; practices in history

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jul 23 05:36:43 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Stella Sylaiou <sylaiou at gmail.com>                        (23)
        Subject: Crowdsourcing Cultural Heritage-Survey on user-generated
                content projects

  [2]   From:    Enrico Natale <enrico.natale at infoclio.ch>                 (14)
        Subject: Surveys about Research & Documentation Practices in History

        Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:06:37 +0300
        From: Stella Sylaiou <sylaiou at gmail.com>
        Subject: Crowdsourcing Cultural Heritage-Survey on user-generated content projects

Are you a virtual volunteer in cultural organizations? Fill out the survey
now!

Cultural organizations are relying on your support, but not a lot of
information is available about your expectations and characteristics, as
well as the motivational factors that lead you to volunteer on-line for
user-generated content projects of cultural organizations, such as museums,
galleries, libraries, and archives.

I am in the middle of my post-doc research about virtual volunteering and
user-generated content projects in cultural heritage institutions at the
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and I’d love to get your
feedback. The benefit of your participation in this survey is that cultural
organizations will be provided with knowledge that may help them to
significantly improve the experiences of virtual volunteers.

It would be fantastic if you could complete the survey or pass it on to the
appropriate person, and Tweet the link. It should only take about 10
minutes to complete and will close on Friday, August 23, 2013. To take the
survey, go to the site listed below

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_51048eQTk8KhX5r

I will be happy to send you a published copy of my research. For more
information on virtual volunteering/ user-generated content projects/
crowdsourcing in cultural heritage, please contact me, Dr. Stella Sylaiou (
sylaiou at photo.topo.auth.gr).

Thank you very much for your time and valuable contribution to the research!