[Humanist] 27.207 text-analysis for iOS

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 12 22:01:25 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:42:19 -0600
        From: Melissa Terras <melissaterras at gmail.com>
        Subject: Introducing Textal, a free Text Analysis app for iOS

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that our iPhone app, Textal, is now up for download in the app store!

Textal is a free smartphone app for iOS that allows users to analyze documents, web pages and tweet streams, exploring the relationships between words in the text via an intuitive word cloud interface. The app generates visualizations and statics that can be shared without effort, which makes it a fun and useful tool for both research and play, bridging the gap between text analysis and mobile computing. We also see it as a public engagement activity for Digital Humanities.

You can read more at www.textal.org, and download Textal for free at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textal/id646764497. We're also on twitter, at @textal.

Textal was made by UCL Centre for Digital Humanities and the Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis . We're gradually telling the world about it now - it would be really great if those of you with iPads or iPhones could try it out, and we look forward to your feedback.

best,

Melissa
-----------------
Melissa M. Terras MA MSc DPhil CLTHE CITP FHEA
Director, UCL Centre for Digital Humanities
Reader in Electronic Communication
Department of Information Studies
Foster Court
University College London
Gower Street
WC1E 6BT

Tel: 020-7679-7206 (direct), 020-7679-7204 (dept), 020-7383-0557 (fax)
Email: m.terras at ucl.ac.uk
Web: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/infostudies/melissa-terras/
Blog: http://melissaterras.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @melissaterras