[Humanist] 27.187 publisher's call for born-digital works

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jul 5 22:56:59 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 21:21:17 +0100
        From: "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>
        Subject: Publisher accepting born-digital works

Dear all,

I started a modest publishing project some months ago, and I am now looking
to take some works of born-digital literature under the wing of my imprint,
New Binary Press.

My belief is that born digital works also benefit from having a publisher,
to confirm that they have achieved a particular literary standard, and as a
means of supporting their promotion and dissemination. Digital authors
should not be *forced *to “self-publish”. By “digital literature”, I do not
mean digital editions, but rather, as defined by N. Katherine Hayles, that
which is “a first generation digital object created on a computer and
(usually) meant to be read on a computer”.

Submission details at http://newbinarypress.com/

All the best,
James

--