[Humanist] 26.735 open-access publishing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 08:26:40 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:51:51 +0000
        From: John Levin <john at anterotesis.com>
        Subject: The Open Library of Humanities

Dear list,

In the light of the recent discussion about OA, and in particular the
debates concerning the Finch report and its implementation in the UK, I
think the following news will be of interest.

The Open Library of Humanities website is now live:
http://www.openlibhums.org

The aim of the OLH is "to build a low cost, sustainable, Open Access
future for the humanities and social sciences"; specifically an OA
publishing system akin to the Public Library of Science, but for the
humanities.

They have issued a "pledge to publish", calling for anyone interested to
pledge "to publish a paper with us in our first year." (APCs will be
waived for signatories, should that model be adopted.)
http://www.openlibhums.org/get-involved/pledge-to-publish/

(To declare an interest, I have been co-opted onto the
internationalisation sub-group.)

John

--
John Levin