[Humanist] 26.734 multilingual sites: half-automated translation

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 08:26:01 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:08:56 +0100
        From: Claire Clivaz <claire.clivaz at unil.ch>
        Subject: Re:  26.725 multilingual sites: half-automatized translation

Dear list,

Here is a try to find a way to do fast and with efficiency with the question of a bilingual scholarly production (French and English).

I produced a French blog article on «Comment éviter les retours des travers de l'Age Classique dans les DH?» (http://claireclivaz.hypotheses.org/235)

I did an automatized English translation with this tool (thank you to Elisabeth Blurr and the ADHO-MLMC committee for the link): http://www.bing.com/translator/

Then I ask to an academic native speaker to check the automatized translation (many thanks to Jim Wilcox). And I have got this result: «How to avoid the return of the Classical Age in the Digital Humanities?»; http://claireclivaz.hypotheses.org/242

Efficient? Reactions? Opinions?

In any case, it was easy, fast, not expansive.

All the best,

Claire Clivaz