[Humanist] 26.730 pubs: digital humanities in libraries

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:06:13 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:01:41 -0500
        From: Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>
        Subject: New Issue: Journal of Library Administration

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce a special issue of the JLA, Digital Humanities in
Libraries: New Models for Scholarly Engagement
http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/wjla20/current  edited by Barbara Rockenbach,
Director of Humanities And History Libraries at Columbia University, with
contributions from many important current voices in the world of digital
humanities and libraries. As Barbara points out in the introduction
"Collectively, the articles in this collection answer the questions 'Why
Libraries and Why Librarians?' in the context of DH support." The issue
promises to open new conversations and contribute to ongoing conversations
in library administration. I hope you find it as useful and enlightening as
I did.

Many of the articles exist open-access elsewhere, and I encourage you to
seek them out if you don't have access to Taylor & Francis Online.

Best,

Alex Gil, Ph.D.
Digital Scholarship Coordinator
Columbia University Libraries