[Humanist] 26.726 memory projects

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:37:16 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:02:13 +0000
        From: "Ulman, H. Lewis" <Ulman.1 at osu.edu>
        Subject: Memory projects

Hi, Willard.

You may be interested in The Digital Archive of Literacy Narratives<http://daln.osu.edu>, "a publicly available archive of personal literacy narratives in a variety of formats (text, video, audio) that together provide a historical record of the literacy practices and values of contributors." Most of the 3,577 narratives that currently comprise the archive draw on memory. In early March, my colleagues and I will be releasing an edited collection of "curated exhibits" from the archive through Computer and Composition Digital Press http://ccdigitalpress.org  that should provide the sort of backstory and critical reflection you seek.

Best wishes,

Lewis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H. Lewis Ulman, Associate Professor
Director, Digital Media Studies
Co-Director, the Digital Archive of Literacy Narratives (DALN)
Department of English
The Ohio State University
353 Denney Hall
164 West 17th Avenue