[Humanist] 26.725 multilingual sites

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:36:41 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)"                              (14)
                <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>
        Subject: Re:  26.719 multi-lingual sites

  [2]   From:    Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com>                          (7)

        Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:53:11 +0000
        From: "Nowviskie, Bethany (bpn2f)" <bpn2f at eservices.virginia.edu>

I'm writing to share two more multilingual DH projects, in response to John Levin's query:

Prism is a student-created tool for "crowd-sourcing interpretation," designed by participants in the Praxis Program, our team-based graduate DH internship at the Scholars' Lab.  Last year's Praxis fellows provided Spanish, French, German, and English interfaces to Prism, and this year's student team is likely to continue the trend:

http://prism.scholarslab.org/

More news about the Praxis Program is available here: http://praxis.scholarslab.org

Neatline is a set of plugins for created interlinked timelines, annotated maps, and narrative sequences as an interpretive layer on top of an Omeka collection. It was also produced by the Scholars' Lab at UVa Library, and is available in French, German, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, and English.  We've invited Neatline users to help us expand this language set by using the Transifex service, described here:

http://neatline.org/2012/07/31/translating-neatline/

And you'll find Neatline itself (which was presented at DH 2012 in Hamburg) here: http://neatline.org

Best,
Bethany

Bethany Nowviskie, MA Ed., PhD
Director, Digital Research & Scholarship, UVa Library
Assoc. Director, Scholarly Communication Institute
President, Association for Computers & the Humanities
nowviskie.org | scholarslab.org | uvasci.org | ach.org