[Humanist] 26.701 open access to Internet Archaeology 1-21

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 10:32:14 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:55:51 +0000
        From: Judith Winters <judith.winters at YORK.AC.UK>
        Subject: Internet Archaeology issues 1-21 now open access

I am very pleased to announce that Internet
Archaeology http://intarch.ac.uk/ 's
back catalogue (up to and including issue 21) is now Open Access. That's
more than half of all our published content now freely available.

As of this week, a low-cost subscription will be required only for content
in issues 22 onwards, except where Open
Access http://intarch.ac.uk/open_access.html has already been enabled
in these later issues.

It is IA policy  http://intarch.ac.uk/authors/edpol.html#funding  to enable
Open Access on all content when article development costs are met with the
longer term aim of making the whole of IA open. As a result of this move,
the cost of access to articles for individuals has been reduced to £7.50
for individuals (permanent access).

Having demonstrated a serious effort to move in this direction, the journal
will look to its future authors for the funds to cover article development
costs (via grant-giving/funding bodies or other research sponsors).  But if
you have no access to funding, then this is not an obstacle to a
publication in IA. Your article would be subject to subscription during
this transition but of course this is subject to change with a stepped
increase in OA uptake and/or other external developments.

Please feel free to email me if you have any queries.

With best wishes
Judith

--
Judith Winters
Editor, Internet Archaeology

Department of Archaeology, University of York YO1 7EP

EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm