[Humanist] 26.690 events: i-Society; European Summer School; culture & CS

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 10:27:52 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    kcl - digitalhumanities <digitalhumanities at kcl.ac.uk>     (38)
        Subject: FW: Call for abstracts: 11th Conference on Culture and
                Computer Science at Pergamonmuseum Berlin, Germany

  [2]   From:    Elisabeth Burr <elisabeth.burr at uni-leipzig.de>            (44)
        Subject: "Culture & Technology" - European Summer School in Digital
                Humanities: bursaries for partner universities

  [3]   From:    David Brown <d.brown at i-society.eu>                       (144)
        Subject: Call for Papers: International Conference on Information
                Society (i-Society 2013)!

        Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:48:46 +0000
        From: kcl - digitalhumanities <digitalhumanities at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: FW: Call for abstracts: 11th Conference on Culture and Computer Science at Pergamonmuseum Berlin, Germany

> From: Julia Heisig <Julia.Heisig at HTW-Berlin.de<mailto:Julia.Heisig at HTW-Berlin.de>>
> Date: Wednesday, 16 January 2013 12:20
> Subject: Call for abstracts: 11th Conference on Culture and Computer Science
at Pergamonmuseum Berlin, Germany

Dear Sir or Madam,

The University of Applied Sciences Berlin (Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin) organizes the annual scientific conference "Culture and computer science". The 11th edition of the conference series brings into focus best practice examples, challenges, and future trends in the fields of visualisation and interaction. Please find more information at our website: http://inka.htw-berlin.de/kui/13/about

Main topics are:

  *        Visualisation and Interaction Technologies
  *        System of information, visualization and communication in urban spaces
  *        Interactive multimedia solutions for museums, theaters, concert halls, exhibitions, etc.
  *        Interactive systems in cultural and creative industries
  *        Municipal and touristic information system
  *        Digital exhibitions, science centers, museums and galleries
  *        Virtual reconstructions
  *        augmented reality
  *        Media architecture, digital extension of buildings and urban districts
  *        Position and context-sensitive services
  *        documentation, visualization and interaction in museums and archives
  *        Game-based information processing
  *        Digital storytelling
  *        Multimedia guides
  *        further research activies and reference implementations related to the topic "visualization, exploration, interaction"

You will find a call for papers at the website. Proposals for oral presentations, posters, or demonstrations can be submitted in German or English language before January 31, 2013.
Abstracts (1-3 DIN A4 pages) must contain title, author(s), the scope of the paper, emphasize on new advances, theories and/or applications and include an analysis of results and findings.

We would be delighted if you would send in an abstract.

Best regards,

Julia Heisig

___________________________________
Julia Heisig M.A.
Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) Berlin
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin Projekt FKI  |  Forschungsgruppe INKA

Postanschrift:
Wilhelminenhofstr. 75 A | 12459 Berlin

Besucheranschrift:
TGS | Ostendstraße 25
Gebäude 2 Eingang Slabystraße | 12459 Berlin
Tel. +49 30 50193629

julia.heisig at htw-berlin.de<mailto:julia.heisig at htw-berlin.de>