[Humanist] 26.677 PhD DH school in Lausanne & Bern

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:16:37 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:36:05 +0100
        From: Claire Clivaz <claire.clivaz at unil.ch>
        Subject: PhD DH school in Lausanne and Bern (CH)

Dear all,

With my colleagues Frédéric Kaplan (EPFL, CH) and Dominique Vinck (Unil, CH) and about 15 PhD students, we have started last Friday a new experiment in Switzerland: meetings for PhD students in Humanities, Social Sciences and ICT.

We are convinced that this generation of «born digital» PhD students will build the new academic world, beyond the boundaries provoked by the achievement of the printed culture at the 19th century.

You will find a full French summary by Cecil Armand (PhD Student, ENS Lyon) on her blog (http://dhlyon.hypotheses.org/47) and a short one on mine (http://claireclivaz.hypotheses.org/215). The information for the next meetings stands on dhlausanne.ch, the informal blog of the DH'ers in Lausanne.

Welcome also to the first Swiss DH summer school in Bern, 26-29 june 2013 : dhsummerschool.ch

Such experiments are important steps before to welcome you for the DH 2014 in Lausanne (6-12 July 2014).

All the best
Claire Clivaz