[Humanist] 26.676 new special interest group: GO::DH

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:15:32 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 16:44:11 -0500
        From: Neil Fraistat <fraistat at umd.edu>
        Subject: Announcing GO::DH

Dear all,

On behalf of The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO), I'm
delighted to announce the creation of our first Special Interest Group:
Global Outlook::Digital Humanities (GO::DH) and to invite your
participation.

GO::DH is a Community of Interest whose purpose is to address barriers that
hinder communication and collaboration among researchers and students of
the Digital Arts, Humanities, and Cultural Heritage sectors across and
between High, Mid, and Low Income Economies.

The core activities of GO::DH are Discovery, Community-Building, Research,
and Advocacy. Its goal is to leverage the complementary strengths,
interests, abilities, and experiences of participants through special
projects and events, profile and publicity activity, and by encouraging
collaboration among individuals, projects, and institutions. It is founded
on the principle that work is being done in many countries and regions and
that we all have much to learn from each other.

Participation in GO::DH is open to all who share its aims. If you are
interested in participating in this initiative, you can visit the GO::DH
website http://www.globaloutlookdh.**org/  http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/ ,
or follow it on Facebook or Twitter (@globaloutlookdh).

Best,
Neil