[Humanist] 26.660 postdocs at Nanyang; studentships at Hull; job at Northeastern

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jan 8 08:03:37 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>            (40)
        Subject: PhD Scholarships at the University of Hull

  [2]   From:    Arianna Ciula <ariannaciula at googlemail.com>                (9)
        Subject: Nanyang Technological University of Singapore: postdoctoral
                fellowships in DH

  [3]   From:    Ryan Cordell <rccordell at gmail.com>                        (52)
        Subject: Job: Digital Humanities or Computational Social Science

        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:51:07 +0000
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>

        Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:27:40 +0800
        From: Arianna Ciula <ariannaciula at googlemail.com>
        Subject: Nanyang Technological University of Singapore: postdoctoral fellowships in DH

Dear colleagues,

The Nanyang Technological University of Singapore is promoting
postdoctoral fellowships in Digital Humanities (rather specific areas
but open to interpretation).

See the call available at
http://humanities.academickeys.com/seeker_job_display.php?dothis=display&job[IDX]=42965-HU130107w-6e&oid=787333

Deadline: 1st of March 2013

Best,
Arianna Ciula

        Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:22:29 -0500
        From: Ryan Cordell <rccordell at gmail.com>

[NB applications are still being accepted. --WM]

Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Digital Humanities
https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/22578

*Division/College:*College of Social Sciences and Humanities

*FT/PT:*Full Time

*Position Summary:*

Northeastern University invites applications and nominations at all
ranks (Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor) for a cluster
of faculty positions in fields encompassed by the Digital Humanities and
Computational Social Science. We define the range of relevant
disciplines broadly to include study in the humanities or human behavior
and developing computational methods applied to these domains.

In association with a new multidisciplinary center, the NUlab for Texts,
Maps, and Networks, this cluster hire builds on NortheasternÂ’s national
prominence in the digital humanities, computational social science, and
network science. At the core of NUlab lies new collaborative work across
disciplines in the era of big data, digitized texts, visualization, and
social media. The premise of the lab is that both the humanities and the
social sciences are at the beginning of a paradigm shift driven by the
opportunities offered by emerging corpora of large-scale data coupled
with enormous computational power.

We welcome applications from faculty engaged in research areas and
technologies including (but not limited to) geographic information
systems, text mining, topic modeling, network analysis, natural language
processing, machine learning, gaming, new media, digital curation, and
data visualization and design. Cross-disciplinary and cross-college
appointments are possible.

*Qualifications:*

PhD required by August 28, 2013.

*Additional Information:*

To apply visit the College of Social Sciences and Humanities website
at:http://www.northeastern.edu/cssh/and click on the Faculty Positions
button. Applicants should be prepared to attach a letter of interest, a
statement on teaching, a CV, a statement of current and future research
plans, and a writing sample of no more than fifty pages. Candidates
should also be prepared to enter information, including an e-mail
address, for three references. For those individuals who are using a
dossier or folio service, please indicate the names of the three
references but enter the e-mail address of the folio service for each
reference.

Inquiries and nominations may be directed to Professor Elizabeth Maddock
Dillon (E.Dillon at neu.edu) or Professor David Lazer (d.lazer at neu.edu).
Review of applications will begin December 10, 2012, but the search will
remain open until all positions are filled.

To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply
on line at the following link:Careers at Northeastern
 http://apptrkr.com/304646

Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern
University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and
persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.