[Humanist] 26.645 fellowship proposals at UIUC

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 3 09:26:44 CET 2013

                              www.dhhumanist.org/
                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:23:03 +0000
        From: I-CHASS <chass at ncsa.illinois.edu>
        Subject: IACAT Faculty Fellowship Proposals Due Jan. 31, 2013

Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts, and Social Science

Fellowship proposals due Jan. 31

The Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies (IACAT) is seeking applicants for its Faculty Fellows Program, which provides seed funding for developing long-term research collaborations between University of Illinois faculty and NCSA staff.

This year, proposals can be submitted by individuals or by teams of Illinois faculty from a variety of disciplines who are working collaboratively to address areas relevant to NCSA’s strategic plan, including the exploration of large data sets, genomics, and innovative computing. For complete details about the fellowships program, including how to apply, go to http://iacat.illinois.edu/faculty_fellows<http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=9193&id=fc4lg0anb22gwuhvw6z83bn7jbq2k&id2=2qx7in8buy0olf5bwxgzdtxxfql5i&subscriber_id=apoycbfqzrolkeoaqptzyskwlzfbbkj&delivery_id=bxngfjoizukfwdezxbxahckfcbrubje&tid=3.I-k.AtBR1A.EL9V.jbIC..ASAuOQ.b..l.BNiT.a.UOTBVw.UOTBVw.2WU5zA>. Proposals are due Jan. 31.

~~~ Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences faculty are encouraged to apply.~~~

ABOUT I-CHASS

The Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science (I-CHASS) charts new ground in high-performance computing and the human sciences. Founded at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and located at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, I-CHASS creates learning environments and spaces for digital exploration and discovery; presenting leading-edge research, computational resources, collaborative tools, and educational programming to showcase the future of the humanities, arts, and social science.

For more information on I-CHASS, please visit: http://www.ichass.illinois.edu