[Humanist] 26.743 how to plan a digital humanities centre

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Feb 2 10:16:45 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    John Unsworth <unsworth at brandeis.edu>                     (40)
        Subject: Re:  26.739 how to plan a digital humanities centre?

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (44)

  [3]   From:    "Krivickas, Jennifer (krivicjh)"                          (13)
                <krivicjh at UCMAIL.UC.EDU>
        Subject: check out Columbia

  [4]   From:    Neil Fraistat <nfraistat at gmail.com>                       (59)

        Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 00:43:09 -0500
        From: John Unsworth <unsworth at brandeis.edu>

Mike,

Studies are very useful, but they represent a precipitate.  In addition to reading them, you should look around for what you consider to be successful currently operating examples of DH centers, and invite some consulting from their leadership.  They're generally a helpful group...

John