[Humanist] 27.639 an apology

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 20 07:22:55 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:27:04 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: an apology

In my note on Don WATERS' essay I managed to get his surname right only
once, in every other instance inserting a spurious L before the T. Apart
from accepting my apologies for an error that sneaked by what I thought was a
careful proofreading, I ask only that you refrain from medicalizing it :-). I
wonder: do we refer any longer to "absent minded" professors? And has
anyone written about the phenomenon of medicalizing either behaviours or
conditions that are not reasonably within the domain of medical diagnosis?