[Humanist] 27.630 on the trustworthiness of models

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Dec 17 08:29:41 CET 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:56:00 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: modelling and simulation

Many here, I expect, will be interested in science writer Jon Turney's
article in Aeon Magazine, "A model world. In economics, climate science
and public health, computer models help us decide how to act. But can we
trust them?", found at
http://aeon.co/magazine/world-views/should-we-trust-scientific-models-to-tell-us-what-to-do/.