[Humanist] 26.982 job at Leuven

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Apr 22 07:35:32 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:47:06 +0000
        From: "Prescott, Andrew" <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Vacancy

Come join us in Leuven: we have an opening for a full-time tenured academic position in Computer Science for Digital Humanities at the Department of Computer Science!

Deadline for applications: 30 June 2013

From the official text: We are looking for a candidate with expertise in applications of computer science in digital humanities. A successful candidate will already have obtained excellent research results in the area of applying computer science techniques in research applications in the digital humanities. For the applied computer science techniques, examples could be data mining, or archiving or disclosure of information from large e-archives, or human-computer interaction, or visualisation techniques, or e-learning. Concerning the applications domains, examples could be the Arts, or the Social or Instructional Sciences. Research experience with the application of multiple techniques from computer Science and/or with multiple application domains in the Humanities or Behavioral Sciences are considered are a strong added value of the application.

The official announcement can be found at https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/vacatures/52409066?lang=en

Feel free to contact me for additional details!

--Erik Duval
http://erikduval.wordpress.com and @erikduval