[Humanist] 26.973 the 'process turn'

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 07:09:34 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Dino Buzzetti <dino.buzzetti at gmail.com>                   (60)
        Subject: Re:  26.969 the 'process turn'

  [2]   From:    drwender at aol.com                                          (45)

        Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:32:18 +0200
        From: Dino Buzzetti <dino.buzzetti at gmail.com>

As is well known, it was Alfred North Whitehead who,
almost a century ago, dealt with the notion of "process"
from a theoretical point of view. Recently, there have
been attempts to formalize Whitehead's notion of 'process'
into the algebraic theory of categories, by Michael Heather
and Nick Rossiter
   http://computing.unn.ac.uk/staff/cgnr1/ .
But, I do not know either, whether these attempts had
a significant impact on recent public and academic discourse.
Whitehead ideas, though, had a considerable influence on
philosophy and theology as well
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_philosophy ,
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_theology .

-dino buzzetti

--

Dino Buzzetti                                         formerly
Department of Philosophy     University of Bologna
e-mail: dino.buzzetti at gmail.com
           buzzetti at fscire.it
web: http://antonietta.philo.unibo.it