[Humanist] 26.969 the 'process turn'

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Apr 17 08:44:20 CEST 2013

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:01:40 -0400
        From: Rainer Hilscher <rainer.hilscher at gmail.com>
        Subject: re: the 'process turn'?

This "process turn" is well anchored in the study of complex systems in
general and complex social system in particular. I don't know of any
studies that have looked at  public and academic discourses. I would be
very surprised, however, if complex systems concepts had not permeated into
such discourses and the way we think and articulate our thoughts in general.

I think this is a fascinating question how and to what extend complex
system concepts have permeated into cultural productions like discourses,
movies and literature.

Rainer