[Humanist] 26.311 events: blogging unconference on open access

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Sep 15 08:58:36 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:39:35 -0700 (PDT)
        From: Ernesto Priego <ernestopriegor at yahoo.com>
        Subject: CFP: OA Week 2012 Networked Researcher Blogging Unconference

Dear Colleagues,

I have just posted the call for participations for our Open Access Week 2012 Networked Researcher Blogging Unconference.

We are inviting Networked Researcher contributors to participate with blog posts to be published during Open Access Week, October 22-28 2012.

Posts can address any aspects related to open access (OA); all points of view are welcome.
They can be of any length and there is no need to submit an abstract.

Some examples of topics that can be addressed are:

Open access and academic publishing; business models, peer review.
Open access and public libraries.
Open access and institutional repositories.
Open access and research impact.
Open access and Open Educational Resources.
Open access and publicly funded research.
Open access publishing and social media; interactions, tools, studies, metrics.
Open access and government, democracy, citizen participation.
Open access in the humanities and social sciences; comparisons with open access in science.
Open access and the digital humanities; humanities computing.
Open access and intellectual property and copyright; creative commons licensing.
Open access in international development.
The open access movement in different countries.
Open access and health information provision, for example about HIV and AIDS.

To find out more please follow the link: http://www.networkedresearcher.co.uk/netresoa/

We will also be using the hashtag #NetResOA to promote the posts and any discussion on Twitter.

I have also posted this call as an event on the Open Access Week site.
http://www.openaccessweek.org/events/open-access-week-2012-networked-researcher-blogging-unconference

Best regards,

Ernesto

--