[Humanist] 26.284 publications: book on digital humanities; cinema & seeing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Sep 7 06:43:06 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>               (69)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.265 new book on digital humanities: a pdf

  [2]   From:    "Glimpse Journal" <editor at glimpsejournal.com>             (47)
        Subject: GLIMPSE Issue #9, CINEMA, now available

        Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 18:22:34 +0100
        From: "James O'Sullivan" <josullivan.c at gmail.com>

As Dr Fraser correctly points out, this is available in PDF format on my
site:
http://josullivan.org/digital-projects/digital-arts-humanities-scholarly-reflections/

The project was something of an "experiment" in electronic publishing and
editing for myself, with all of the essays offering reflections rather than
addressing research questions, but I think it's a worthwhile read in terms
of considering how young scholars in the discipline view their respective
fields.

Sincerest thanks to Professor Prescott for offering us a very stimulating
foreword without any hesitation whatsoever, particularly as he had a few
broken bones at the time! It meant a lot to the group that a scholar of his
standing was willing to share his limited time with our modest little
side-project.

As Dr Fraser also pointed out, anything on my site is released under the
Creative Commons, so if there is anything within the collection that you
feel is of value, feel free to use it as you please.

All the very best,
James

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
*James O'Sullivan *
@jamescosullivan  http://twitter.com/jamescosullivan **

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jamescosullivan