[Humanist] 26.429 events: DHSI Colloquium; medieval space; language tech

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 27 10:42:50 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (60)
        Subject: DHSI 2013 colloquium CFP

  [2]   From:    Chris Sparks <c.sparks at qmul.ac.uk>                        (26)
        Subject: Digital Humanities Meeting: Mining Spatial Descriptions in
                Medieval Charters

  [3]   From:    "Lauersdorf, Mark R" <lauersdorf at uky.edu>                 (52)
        Subject: Second Call: Language Technology at KFLC 2013

        Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 06:53:28 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

Digital Humanities Summer Institute 2012 DHSI Colloquium June 6-10, 2013

CALL FOR PAPERS:

Proposals are now being accepted for presentations at the DHSI
colloquium for the digital humanities, to be held in June 2013 at the
University of Victoria.

Open to all DHSI attendees, the colloquium starts on the second day of
the institute and takes place during sessions that begin and end each
day. Presentations will be informal and may take the form of brief,
high-impact demonstrations and presentations (5-10 minutes), as well as
more traditional short conference papers (15 minutes). The colloquium
welcomes presentations by individuals or teams of two or more presenters.

We invite proposals of 200-300 words for these presentations. Successful
proposals will focus on specific applications, aspects and/or cases of
digital humanities research, as opposed to general issues pertaining to
the digital humanities; topics may include, but are not limited to, the
scholar’s role in personal and institutional research projects, tool
application and development, perspectives on digital humanities
implications for the individual’s own research and pedagogy, etc.
Potential presenters should be new or emerging scholars (including, but
not limited to, graduate students; early career scholars and humanities
scholars who are new to the digital humanities; librarians, and those in
cultural heritage; altacademics; academic professionals; and those in
technical programs).

Please submit abstracts via
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dhsi2013. Deadline for
submissions is January 15, 2013. Submissions will be peer-reviewed and
all who have submitted an abstract will be notified by late February
2013. For more information, contact Diane Jakacki
diane.jakacki at lmc.gatech.edu, or dhsi2013 at easychair.org.

ABOUT THE DHSI:

The Digital Humanities Summer Institute at the University of Victoria
provides an ideal environment for discussing and learning about new
computing technologies, and how they are influencing the work of those
in the Arts, Humanities and Library communities. The Institute takes
place across a week of intensive coursework, seminar participation, and
lectures. It brings together faculty, staff, and graduate students from
different areas of the Arts, Humanities, Library, and Archives
communities. During the DHSI, we share ideas and methods, and develop
expertise in applying advanced technologies to our teaching, research,
dissemination, and preservation. For more information see www.dhsi.org.

REGISTRATION:

In recent years, courses have filled up quickly. We encourage applicants
interested in attending the DHSI to register early. A number of
sponsored tuition scholarships are also available. Registrations and
applications for tuition scholarship applications will be accepted
beginning in October

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Diane K. Jakacki, Ph.D.
Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Literature, Media and Culture
diane.jakacki at lmc.gatech.edu <mailto:diane.jakacki at lmc.gatech.edu>
http://dianejakacki.org
Twitter: @DianeJakacki

"Study as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."
St. Edmund of Abingdon

*** Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1351231321_2012-10-26_willard.mccarty@mccarty.org.uk_21272.2.pdf