[Humanist] 26.423 a lab space

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 07:45:58 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Adam Crymble <adam.crymble at gmail.com>                     (83)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.402 a lab space?

  [2]   From:    "Dr. Robert Delius Royar PhD"                             (16)
                <r.royar at moreheadstate.edu>

        Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:12:19 +0100
        From: Adam Crymble <adam.crymble at gmail.com>

Re: DH lab space planning:

I'd suggest you take a trip to silicon valley and ask for a tour of what
Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo! offer their staff in terms of spaces. I
imagine you'll find lots of flexible spaces where people can meet together
and be creative without disturbing others who are trying to get down to
business and work, as well as meeting rooms where people who don't have
regular desks can come in to speak with and work with others.

The more flexible the better. We've all seen universities who invested
heavily in individual ethernet ports for each and every desk in a lecture
hall. And all of that is now useless. Plan for people. The technology will
fit in somewhere.

Adam Crymble
PhD Student, History & Digital Humanities
King's College London
acrymbl at uwo.ca

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <