[Humanist] 26.418 new MA/PhD programme at Tokyo ITASIA

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Oct 25 07:42:25 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:46:20 +0100
        From: Andrew Prescott <andrew.prescott at kcl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Information About Graduate Program (the University of Tokyo ITASIA)

The University of Tokyo's new English-language International
Master's/Doctoral Degree Program in "Information, Technology, and Society in
Asia" (ITASIA) at the Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information
Studies (GSII) graduated its third generation of students in September. The
first recipient of a Ph.D. from our program completed in March 2012. We are
looking ahead to building the program as it enters its fifth year.

Our program offers a unique opportunity for graduate students to study Asian
society, history, international relations, media and cultural studies in
Japan. Even students with no previous Japanese-language background are
welcome to apply. The program should appeal to students who are looking for
opportunities to continue their study of Asia in Japan after graduation.

As a faculty member working closely with students of Asia, I hope that you
will bring our program to the attention of your students, particularly your
graduating seniors. The application deadline is 22 February 2013, but those
wishing to be considered for a merit-based scholarship must apply by 7
January 2013. The latest digital brochure has been uploaded on the following
website. I appreciate your assistance in making information about this
program available to your students and others.

ITASIA website: http://itasia.iii.u-tokyo.ac.jp/

Sincerely yours,
SONODA Shigeto
Professor and Director of the ITASIA Program
Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
The University of Tokyo

This email is being sent to you based on the recommendation and information
from the ITASIA faculty. If you wish to be removed from this mailing list or
to change the registered address, please send an email to
itasiaao2013 at iii.u-tokyo.ac.jp.