[Humanist] 26.412 weak ties

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Oct 24 07:30:58 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Leda Mansour <lmansour at free.fr>                          (107)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.407 weak ties; value of the humanities
                survey

  [2]   From:    Jascha Kessler <urim1 at verizon.net>                        (18)
                survey

        Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:23:59 +0200
        From: Leda Mansour <lmansour at free.fr>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 26.407 weak ties; value of the humanities survey

Bonjour,

Perhaps you read this post :

SMALL CHANGE
Why the revolution will not be tweeted.

BY MALCOLM GLADWELL

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/10/04/101004fa_fact_gladwell?current
Page=all

Bonne journée,

Léda Mansour
Docteure en Sciences du langage
Laboratoire MoDyCo UMR 7114
Université Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense
Tél : 06 16 33 19 00
Site professionnel: https://sites.google.com/site/ledamansour/

        Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:58:46 -0700
        From: Jascha Kessler <urim1 at verizon.net>

From what was observable about the Occupy Phenomenon and the London riots,
and Seattle's too, the protestors were certainly *not *at "the end of their
tether"!  Rather at the beginning of their tether, i.e., life's connection
to group slavery of one sort or another.  There is Freedom in Democracy,
but there is far more slavery of every sort, physical and psychological.

What has never been learned or taught in our institutions of higher
learning, whether in the sciences or Humanities, are the fundamental
principles discussed by Albert Camus in *L'Homme Revolté *[title Englished
as *The Rebel*].  Nor even the lessons taught and implied by Socrates, as
Plato preserved them.

Jascha Kessler

--
Jascha Kessler