[Humanist] 26.403 events: use & reuse of data

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Oct 20 09:52:13 CEST 2012

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:47:34 +0200
        From: Jean-Philippe Magué <jean-philippe.mague at ens-lyon.fr>
        Subject: Workshop: Open Digital Humanities - use and reuse of digital data inthe Humanities

                                        *Workshop*

*Open Digital Humanities: use and reuse of digital data in the Humanities*

                            Amsterdam, 17 January 2013

 *Call for papers*

 * How do we ensure findability of data?

* How do we ensure trust and quality of data?

* How do we ensure interoperability of data?

* How do we ensure preservation of data?

 As the use of digital data has become a common practice, the
multiplication of collections of data and the resources invested in their
set-up and maintenance raise questions about access and, more generally,
their life cycle beyond the context in which they were created.

 The working group on Collection of Digital Data of the European Research
Network NeDiMAH (Network for Digital Methods in the Arts and Humanities,
http://www.nedimah.eu) is organising an Experts’ Seminar in conjunction
with the 8th International Digital Curation Conference
(http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc13) in Amsterdam on 17 January 2013.

 *===Topics===*

This workshop will focus on access and re-use of digital data in the arts
and humanities. Together with leading experts, we will address scientific
considerations (how data are constructed), technical considerations (how
data formats and tools promote interoperability) and legal considerations
(how property and licences can facilitate data reuse).

 *===Submissions and important dates===*

Workshop proposals of 500 words and a short 300 words author bio should be
sent in PDF format to nedimah at ens-lyon.fr by 9 November 2012. Authors will
be notified of paper acceptance by 23 November 2012. Selected authors will
be invited to submit a paper to be published in a scientific book and/or a
scientific journal special issue.

 *===Travel grants===*

A limited amount of travel grants are available for workshop participants
coming from one of the NeDiMAH project contributing countries (listed in
http://www.nedimah.eu). For further information please contact
Jean-Philippe Magué : jean-philippe.mague at ens-lyon.fr

 *===Contact and more info===*

Contact workshop chair: Jean-Philippe Magué : jean-philippe.mague at
ens-lyon.fr

For more information on this workshop please visit:
http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc13/workshops

--
Jean-Philippe Magué
Maître de Conférences en Humanités Numériques

--

"Using computers will therefore lead us to a more profound and systematic
knowledge of human expression; in principle, it can help us to be more